Head of Clinical Training, College of Pharmacy
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The College offers 5-years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and 2-years MSc (Pharm) degree programs. Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates. As a lead College, the first of its kind in this country and a pillar of the Qatar University Health Cluster, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society. The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region.
The College of Pharmacy, Qatar University invites applications for a full time position, Head of Clinical Training beginning August, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the collaboration with clinical partners and other affiliated institutions of the healthcare delivery system in order to ensure successful implementation of the pharmacy curriculum in the clinical environment
- Continuously seek new clinical training opportunities for pharmacy students to match the increased demands
- Initiate and follow-up on clinical training agreements required between the College of Pharmacy and the clinical agencies
- Facilitate the logistics related to students’ placement in the clinical experiential sites, which include but not limited to Cerner® access, ID badges, students’ commonplace, etc…
- Contribute in collaboration with the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the experiential phase of the curriculum
- Contribute to the design and delivery of the experiential related pharmacy courses and assessments including Pharmacy Research Evaluation and Presentation Skills Courses (PREP), Professional Skills courses, Objective Structured Clinical Exams (OSCEs), Structured Multi-Skill Assessments (SMSAs), etc…
- ork in close alignment with the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator to advise and support students and preceptors during clinical rotations by making site visits to hospitals including Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), clinics, and community pharmacies and managing academic and non-academic related issues at the sites
- Identify, implement, and assess various methods and technologies aimed at enhancing clinical skills learning outcomes
- Organize preceptor development seminars and workshops related to teaching and learning enhancement in collaboration with members of the Continuous Professional Development at Qatar University (QU) Health Cluster
- Contribute in the strategic planning for clinical training at the College of Pharmacy
- Support and work in close alignment with the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator in the selection and development of adjunct clinical faculty (i.e.: preceptors)
- Support the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator in the development and enhancement of new and current clinical experiential sites and to ensure they meet the required accreditation standards
- Inform and advise on the alignment, implementation, and evaluation of experiential competencies in collaboration with the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator
- Support, guide, and facilitate student and faculty research conducted in and related to the clinical environment in alignment with the research strategy of Qatar University and CPH, and with regulations of affiliated hospitals, centres and the healthcare system in Qatar
- Serve as a member on the PharmD advisory and SPEP steering committees
- Coordinate and teach at least one course per semester at the college of pharmacy
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Pharmacy
- General oversight and guidance is received from the PharmD director and SPEP coordinator. For the academic program, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Assistant Dean of Student Affairs at the College of Pharmacy would provide professional oversight and guidance.
Experience and Education:
A Doctor of Pharmacy degree or Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy is a must
Pharmacy residency is preferable
Possession of a current license to practice pharmacy in Qatar is necessary
An active appointment as a full-time member of the Pharmacy College is necessary
Considerable professional clinical/pharmacy experience (2+ years)
Demonstrated clinical research experience
Skills and Competencies required:
- Bilingual (Arabic/English) skills preferred but not mandatory. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret and contribute to common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common communications from other organizations, colleges, faculty, staff, students, members of the profession of pharmacy, and other business or academic entities
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals at all levels
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve problems and plan initiatives
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with various abstract and concrete variables
Demonstrated ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities sufficient to effectively direct and develop faculty members and support staff
Knowledge of current professional trends in biomedical and clinical training and general knowledge of current trends in the professional practices of the health care system
Effective interactions with other colleges and departments within the Qatar University and with other agencies and institutions with which college faculty members will collaborate
Familiarity with accreditation standards and guidelines
Familiarity with competencies for pharmacists to practice
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of interest
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application. Benefits
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies. 8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Applicants should apply online via Qatar University Jobs website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa).