Sports Performance Analysis
3 days left
- Full Time
Application closing date 22/04/2018
Salary £700 per month to cover expenses
Job category/type MSc
We have two full-time places on the MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme at the University of Chichester, involving a funded full time work placement within a Premier League football club (Tottenham Hotspur FC).
MSc Sports Performance Analysis
This programme of study is designed for graduates seeking to develop specialist knowledge in Sports Performance Analysis. The MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme is carefully aligned to employer needs and aims to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully pursue a career in the area of Sports Performance Analysis. The processes and theories underpinning performance analysis are explored, together with key practical competencies, all delivered in conjunction with a dedicated, intensive work placement offering invaluable industry relevant experience. The academic, personal and professional development opportunities afforded by this programme have yielded exceptional graduate employability.
Course tuition fees: GBP 6520 (University of Chichester alumni are eligible for a 15% discount).
The work placement will take place at a Premier League football club (Tottenham Hotspur FC). The two successful candidates will each receive GBP 700 per calendar month for the duration of the placement.
Performance Analysis Work Placement
The role runs alongside the studies of an MSc in Sports Performance Analysis, University of Chichester, and is under the guidance of the Head of Performance Analysis, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. This is a broad role rotating across all aspects of the department from a first team to academy and covering both match and training analysis.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure all first team training sessions are recorded to meet the needs of the Performance Analysis department and First Team Coaching staff
- Support the production of post match reports of all THFC games in line with the club's Performance Analysis philosophy
- Update statistical databases post game for trend analysis
- Help update video databases for things like Premier League goals and set pieces
- Support First Team Performance Analysts with pre match analysis protocols
- Update training databases and logs post each session
- Assist with U23 and U18 match day analysis protocols
- Film matches and training sessions across varying age groups within the academy
- Code and edit match footage post game across various age groups
- Edit video post game, on players or on coaching / development themes
- Help produce content for classroom sessions and team de-briefs
- Keep up to date video databases in line with academy philosophy to be presented as best practice examples
- Ensure the upkeep of all filming and video capture equipment
- Attend Performance Analysis department meetings and in-service events
- Any ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- A high level of football knowledge and professional experience
- Experience of filming football matches
- IT Literate - has very good IT skills/ video-editing skills
- Able to learn new technology quickly
- Creative presentation skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and experience
- Knowledge of Sportscode, Opta, Tracab and Wyscout
- Numbers and Keynote skills and experience
- Experience with video editing programs such as Final Cut
- Drive and enthusiasm to balance a full time MSc degree with a full time work placement within in professional football
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team, coach and player interaction)
- Good Team player
- Excellent written skills
- Proactive attitude within the role
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Quality Focus - takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work
- Drive and Energy - demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set
- Self Development - is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
This opportunity is ideally suited to those wishing to undertake postgraduate study in Sports Performance Analysis whilst also undertaking an intensive, funded work placement within a Premiership football club.
Interview date: end of April/beginning of May 2018
Work Placement dates: July 2018 - June 2019
MSc course dates: September 2018 - August 2019
Informal enquiries/questions should be sent to Dr. Matt Robins (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Lecturer in Performance Analysis, University of Chichester.
Formal applications should be made via the electronic application process, and include a CV (2 pages maximum) and a Cover Letter (2 pages maximum) that outlines how your knowledge, skills and experience make you suitable for; postgraduate study, and, for a work placement within a Premiership football club.
Click here to download further details