Prince of Wales Clinical School
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Prince of Wales Clinical School (POWCS) delivers high quality medical education to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as elective students. The school has more than 300 undergraduate and 60 postgraduate research students across the programs of Medicine and Surgery and over 70 staff members located at the Prince of Wales Hospital site in Randwick and at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre on the Kensington Campus. The Surgical and Orthopaedic Research Group (SORL) main research streams include mechanical testing of native and implanted bone, computer modelling of bone structure, evaluation of animal models and analysis of healing responses at sub cellular, cellular and whole tissue levels.
About the role
- $83,653 to $89,238 plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing appointment
- Full time (35 hours/week)
The SORL has an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer to join their team. The position will be based at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Randwick, working closely with lab-based staff in the SORL team and the School Manager, liaising with staff in the Grants Management Office (GMO), OneFinance and UNSW Medicine. This is a key position in a growing group, managing the administrative needs of around 15 staff and 6 postgraduate students working on multiple industry funded research projects.
The Project Officer position is a link between SORL staff, the School and the University in Finance, HR and legal matters. Established more than 20 years ago, SORL is undergoing significant growth in the number of grants awarded (industry income) and staff, assisted by the opening of a new animal housing facility in March.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Plan, develop and maintain administrative and financial processes in line with the School and UNSW
- Manage all finance activities related to SORL relating to research projects, including income, purchasing and accounts payable and receivable, ensuring compliance with UNSW policies and procedures
- Prioritise and organise daily workloads, involving competing priorities, with minimal supervision
- Ensure UNSW financial deadlines are met and financial management aligns with project milestones
- Liaise with the School Manager on HR and infrastructure needs and the GMO on research agreements and grant administration to meet SORL needs
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed in the Position Description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Prof William Walsh - Director, Surgical and Orthopaedic Research Group, Prince of Wales Clinical School
T: +61 412 469 951
Applications close: 17 April 2018