Director, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
In the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie, we produce groundbreaking and impactful research, educate future leaders and take pride in an integrated and highly respected curriculum that develops robust skill sets.
At an institutional level, Macquarie is ranked among the top two percent of universities in the world and enjoys a 5-star QS rating. Located in the heart of Australia’s largest business precinct, Macquarie brings together 40,000 students and 3000 staff in one thriving hub of discovery.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is undergoing an exciting period of integration, collaboration and growth and seeks an exceptional candidate for the role of Director Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM).
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Programs & Pathways (Postgraduate) the Director MGSM will lead the delivery of MGSM postgraduate programs and experiences across the newly aligned Faculty of Business and Economics ensuring the highest standards of teaching, and engagement with industry and the professional community.
As Director, you will have a unique opportunity to provide strategic advice and leadership in the development, implementation, and continuous enhancement of the MGSM program portfolio, including the flagship MBA program.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A PhD with a strong understanding of postgraduate management education and student learning and teaching outcomes.
- Extensive experience in program and curriculum development and review.
- An international research profile commensurate with a senior academic leadership appointment.
- Proven record of accomplishment of superior teaching, pedagogical innovation and research supervision at a post-graduate level.
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor teams to achieve strategic and operational goals.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, building, and sustaining effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build collegial leadership and actively contribute to institution building.
If you share our passion for innovation and excellence in business education and you want a world-class career, we invite you to join us.
Applicants will be required to submit a separate document (maximum 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria above within the application process.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 29 APRIL 2018
For informal enquiries, contact Professor Stephen Brammer, Executive Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics on firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.