Director, Macquarie Applied Finance Centre
In the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie, we produce groundbreaking and impactful research, educate future leaders and take pride in an integrated and highly respected curriculum that develops robust skill sets.
At an institutional level, Macquarie is ranked among the top two percent of universities in the world and enjoys a 5-star QS rating. Located in the heart of Australia’s largest business precinct, Macquarie brings together 40,000 students and 3000 staff in one thriving hub of discovery.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is undergoing an exciting period of integration, collaboration and growth and seek an exceptional candidate for the role of Director, Macquarie Applied Finance Centre (MAFC).
Reporting to the Associate Dean Programs and Pathways (PG), the Director MAFC will provide strategic advice and leadership in the development, implementation, and continuous enhancement of the MAFC postgraduate programs across the newly aligned Faculty of Business and Economics.
As Director, you will have a unique opportunity to provide strategic advice and leadership in the development, delivery and continuous enhancement of MAFC programs.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant higher degree (PhD) with extensive and current senior level experience/engagement in/with the finance industry.
- A strong understanding of postgraduate education and student outcomes and experience in program development.
- Proven record of accomplishment in a relevant field of expertise.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at a post-graduate level and/or relevant academic or practitioner research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor teams to achieve strategic and operational goals.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, building, and sustaining effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build collegial leadership and actively contribute to institution building
If you share our passion for innovation and excellence in business education and you want a world-class career, we invite you to join us.
Applicants will be required to submit a separate document (maximum 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria above within the application process.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 29 APRIL 2018
For informal enquiries, contact Professor Stephen Brammer, Executive Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics on email@example.com
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.