Research Fellow, Institute for Positive Psychology and Education
- Contribute to the research output of the Institute
- Establish a quality research program
- Full-time, fixed term for 2 years, based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Positive Psychology and Education (IPPE) at Australian Catholic University is undergoing significant research intensification to position ACU as a leader in the international research arena in selected areas of strategic research interest. IPPE is led by an integrated team of world-class researchers as well outstanding mid / early career researchers and post-doctoral research fellows who currently hold a number of prestigious externally funded research grants.
We are seeking a Research Fellow to join IPPE to assist two Professors with their research. The position is designed to support their research and foster links between the successful applicant and other research programs and researchers within IPPE. As Research Fellow you will:
- establish a quality research program
- contribute to quality research including high quality outputs of research aligned to ACU research priorities
- work with and support senior academic staff while contributing independently or collaboratively in research
- contribute to processes and share knowledge with staff and students to benefit the immediate academic team.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in a relevant discipline
- evidence of alignment and/or experience in research in a relevant area
- ability to lead and co-author research publications
- relevant demonstrated quantitative skills e.g. structural equation modelling, longitudinal data modelling, multilevel modelling.
This position involves child-related employment and a Working with Children clearance will be required.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here PD Research Fellow.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $134,629 pa, including salary component $96,477 - $113,908 pa (Academic Classification Level B), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Phil Parker, Institute for Positive Psychology and Education via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 26 April, 2018