Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Chemistry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemistry at UNSW is one of Australia’s leading centres for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research in chemistry. The School teaches more than 2000 undergraduate students each year from many different faculties and offers four different undergraduate programs leading to majors in chemistry.
Research in the School covers the broad areas of Medicinal Chemistry, Energy and Catalysis and Nanoscience. The School has 31 academic staff, 40 post-doctoral Fellows, 160 PhD students and 30 Honours students contributing to the research program.
About the role
- $91K-$118K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 2 Year Fixed Term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A post-doctoral researcher is sought to work in Prof. Scott Kable’s research group, focusing on research areas including spectroscopy of radicals and photochemical reaction mechanisms.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A track record in excellent research publications
- Highly competent in high powered pulsed lasers and in at least one of the following techniques: laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy, resonance-enhanced multiphoton ionization spectroscopy, ion-imaging;
- PhD in Chemistry or Physics
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Scott Kable, School of Chemistry
T: (61 2) 9385 54713
Applications close: 17th April 2018