Assistant/Associate Professor of Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical Research Center
The Biomedical Research Center at Qatar University is seeking applications for a research position in Biomedical sciences starting from fall 2017. Appointments may be at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level, depending on qualifications.
The appointee will develop and lead an active biomedical research program,conducting cutting-edge research using advanced technologies, and attract substantial external research funding. The ideal candidate will be a biologist with extensive experience in recent molecular researches/techniques such as OMICs and NGS with deep understanding of basic bioinformatics and data analysis and work very closely with molecular/cell biologists.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a biomedical research team to develop and implement OMICS molecular biology tools and to support running research activities at BRC.
- Support faculty and students through participating in educational programs training students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in the design and execution of collaborative research studies in biomedical research field.
- Promote collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the Center (Stem cell research, Metabolic and infectious diseases).
- Develop and support research collaborations and networks linking the Center with the public and private sectors at the national, regional and international levels.
- Foster academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University through a variety of mechanisms including training workshops, research seminars, input into the curriculum, mentorship opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Promote and communicate the work of the Center to the public through a variety of community outreach activities, including workshops, lectures publications, etc.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the Center’s strategic plan in alignment with the strategic plan of the University.
- PhD or equivalent degree in basic sciences.
- Evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience in a similar work environment for a minimum of three years.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant research experience backed with a strong track record of research productivity, at least 12 high impact peer reviewed publication.
- Strong productivity in experimental biology, with emphasis on OMICS and NGS.
- Proven communication skills and ability to represent the center on the national, regional and international levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Expected to demonstrate excellence in interpersonal behaviors and be committed to effective collaboration with colleagues.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa ) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa ) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.