Lecturer in Management
Lecturers in Management (including Organisational Behaviour, Strategy, Professional Service Firms, General Management)
Maynooth University, National University of Ireland Maynooth – School of Business
Salary: € 33,148 to € 82,267.
£ 29,027 to £ 72,049` converted salary*
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 6 May 2018
Applications are invited for full-time Lecturers at the School of Business in Management (including Organisational Behaviour, Strategy, Professional Service Firms, and General Management). We wish to recruit research active educators who will build on our existing research capabilities and be practitioners of research-engaged and research-led teaching.
The ideal candidate ought to have:
• A PhD in a relevant discipline in the fields of Management (including Strategy, International Business, Professional Service Firms, and Leadership) or Organisational Behaviour.
• A demonstrated/realised capacity for publication in international, peer reviewed journals in Management or Organisational Behaviour (e.g. journal publications, international peer reviewed conferences) commensurate with a Lecturer position;
• Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research supervision in Management or Organisational Behaviour;
• An ability to design, deliver, and assess a range of modules in and outside of her/his specialist area of research interest;
• A capacity to and enthusiasm for working in an inter-disciplinary environment within the wider context of the School of Business and University;
• Prior experience of working in professional service firms or in a management role in industry would be advantageous but is not required.
School of Business
Our community includes 29 faculty and 4 staff coming from 12 countries, and a team of occasional lecturers. We are recruiting five new faculty to join this team. Together we support a student community across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate Business degrees, including a PhD programme. As a community, we are guided by our mission and values (research led; practice engaged; sustainable careers & organisations; liberal in terms of education choices, shared language and experiences; and egalitarian).
Our faculty focus on research that is impactful within their academic community, their students, and their industry contexts. Our faculty are contributing to debates in leading journals, publishing 16 papers in top ranked ABS 4 journals since 2014, and serving in leadership roles on journal editorial boards and international research organisations (e.g. Academy of Management). Examples of Chartered Association of Business School 4 and 3 ranked journals that School of Business faculty have published in since 2014 in the broad fields of management include the following:
• Journal of Management; Strategic Management Journal, Journal of World Business; Organizational Research Methods; Human Resource Management Journal; Work, Employment and Society; Academy of Management Learning and Education; Journal of Product Innovation Management; Research Policy;
• Journal of Business Ethics; Journal of Business Research; Journal of Management Inquiry; Research in the Sociology of Organisations; European Management Review; International Journal of HRM; Industrial and Corporate Change; Technological Forecasting and Change; International Journal of Management Reviews, Business and Society; amongst others.
Our new Management Lecturers will teach on our undergraduate programmes, which include a blend of single honours and double honours degrees, as well as playing a role in teaching and development of our portfolio postgraduate programmes, which includes a range of Management MSc programmes.
Our approach to education is guided by our values and mission. As a community of educators, we seek to support our students and each other in our learning journeys. New faculty are assigned an academic mentor to assist them in adapting to the education approach of the School of Business, our research, and wider community. Faculty are happy to help each other with research and teaching issues, and to share ideas about best practice, both formally, through our research and teaching seminars, and informally.
For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Peter Mc Namara, Head of the School of Business. Email firstname.lastname@example.org; phone +353 1 7086626.
Lecturer (Post 1995*): €52,326 – €82,267 p.a. (7 points)
Assistant Lecturer (2013): €33,148 – €58,179 p.a. (14 points)
Appointment to Lecturer or Assistant Lecturer will depend on the experience and qualifications of candidates. Those that have not completed a PhD will be placed on the Assistant Lecturer rate. Those that have not demonstrated significant research outputs (2 ABS 3 papers or more) will be appointed on a tenure track contract of five years. Attainment of tenure benchmarks will result in contract being converted to permanency.
Appointment will be made in accordance with the Department of Finance pay guidelines.
*New entrants to the public sector will be appointed on the first point of the Lecturer (Post 1995) pay scale.
For further information about the School of Business and the post, including full job description and application procedures are available at: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies
The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to arrive no later than midnight, Sunday, 6th of May 2018.