Senior Software Engineer
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (IT)
Salary package: $109,432 - $114,744 pa plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Fixed Term: 18 months
National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) is Australia’s leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services, with a well-respected reputation for its services, expertise and innovation. NCI is an operating unit of the Australian National University and is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, ANU, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, other research-intensive universities and eResearch support organisations nationally. NCI engages in a dynamic range of projects across a number of areas that focus on Development and Innovation. The activities span a range of HPC and data developments that require both a well-developed understanding of advanced and commodity ICT technology and scientific computing environments – particularly within the earth system and geospatial sciences.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a major role in software design, testing, development and deployment and management processes to support NCI’s Research Engagement and Initiatives software development program which provides quality production services to enhance research and science outcomes through more effective utilisation of NCI high performance computing and data assets.
Reporting to the Senior High Performance Data Specialist, you will:
- Gather and assimilate technical requirements from the supported research communities and research organisations.
- As part of a team, lead the (design and development of software, including testing and optimisation of software, to ensure secure and robust operations that effectively exploit NCI’s data and HPC assets.
- Document activities and develop measures for performance and capability assessment during the establishment of the software and data infrastructure.
- Lead the development of processes and procedures that will advance software development at NCI.
- Ensure coordination and interoperability of software and services with external stakeholders.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated capability and extensive experience in software design, development, testing and deployment.
- Scientific programming skills and knowledge including newer or evolving HPC programming paradigms and self-describing data formats.
- High-level oral and written communication skills and the capacity to engage and communicate effectively with peers and end-users of the service.
- A self-starter with proven experience in leading projects and/or small teams and working effectively within a team (both local and distributed).
For further information please contact Amanda Walker, T: +2 6125 9806 E: Amanda.email@example.com
Closing date: 18 April 2018
Position description: Senior Software Engineer PD.pdf
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.