- Develop reporting and analysis to support research performance
- Continuing, Full-time role (part-time options may be considered) based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $81,184 to $89,635 per annum plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
The Transition Advisor will work collaboratively with College staff, and staff from other Divisions on the design and development of activities and programs supporting the transition needs of international, regional and domestic students. Students make many transitions throughout their university lifecycle – into their academic discipline, university life, life in Melbourne and, after graduation, employment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist and advise school staff on the orientation and transition needs of students from diverse social, educational and academic backgrounds;
- Lead the development and coordinate the provision of College-based orientation, enrichment, engagement and transition programs, including online as well as campus-based programs;
- Develop, coordinate and promote programs and activities to students, evaluate their effectiveness in meeting students’ transition needs and ensure ongoing quality improvement
- Work collaboratively with academic staff and internal and external service providers;
- Liaise with other areas of the University such as the Library and La Trobe Learning and utilise relevant specialist advice and services;
- Provide advice, promote and support University-wide programs, activities and services designed to improve student transition;
- Undertake other duties as required or requested by Senior Coordinator, Student Transition and/or Senior Manager, College Education Team.
To be the successful candidate you will have:
A degree with substantial experience; and a previous background working within Higher Education/ Transition or Orientation. Evidence of understanding the factors affecting successful orientation, transition and student engagement in universities. You must have experience developing programs, working independently to effectively lead diverse teams to achieve outcomes within deadlines. You will have high level of self-motivation and personal management skills with the ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and service providers. It is essential you have Tertiary Education background experience.
Please refer to the Position Description(s) for other skills and experience required for this role.
How to Apply
Closing date: Wednesday 18 April 2018
Position Enquiries: Daena Ristevska, Student Transition Senior Coordinator, College Education ASSC +61 3 9479 1040 / email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (556580) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.