Instructional Designer and Course Builder
The Instructional Designer & Course Builder (IDCB) works directly with Questrom Digital faculty and the Executive Leadership Center to design and build online, on-demand courses for corporate learners. Most of the course content (videos, assessments, materials, etc.) has already been created, although it will require adjustment and additions based on identified market needs. The IDCB will thus migrate current course content to new platforms and create new content as needed. The IDCB may also collaborate with other Course Builders as needed.
- Gain mastery related to course authoring with Toolwire or Bridge (and other platforms, as needed) by attending trainings, reading relevant documentation, etc.
- Serve as liaison between the Questrom team and platform representatives in order to manage and create course content.
- Work with Questrom faculty and staff to design the courses for the relevant platforms, in alignment with best practices of online teaching and learning. This includes but is not limited to:
- identifying the learning needs of their target audience.
- designing the course structure and the learning sequence.
- tailoring existing content to learner needs and platform capabilities.
- creating and curating new content (with appropriate support from Questrom and/or other BU stakeholders).
- Securing copyright access to third-party materials.
- advising on integration or use of specific features and tools.
- suggesting creative approaches to meet envisioned instructional goals within the platform capabilities.
- Build, update, and maintain the courses on the platforms. Assist with archiving, as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot technical and other platform issues and risks, and escalate as needed.
- Support Questrom Digital during each offering of the courses to ensure a smooth teaching and learning experience, including by supporting synchronous events.
- Participate in courses as they run. Suggest course revisions based on feedback, observations, and other relevant data collected from each offering.
- Communicate relevant information, such as progress and issues, to the relevant stakeholders, such as: Questrom faculty and staff, Digital Education Incubator (DEI) staff, and other collaborators.
- Maintain detailed record of course design, changes, and recommendations for future offerings.
- Collaborate with the DEI and other BU stakeholders and project managers, as appropriate, to make progress within set timelines, to tailor course content or produce new materials, etc.
- BA/BS and at least 2 years of work experience in instructional design, online education, faculty support, educational technology, or related fields. A business education and/or a Master’s degree in a relevant field are a plus.
- Solid knowledge of instructional design models and theories and ability to apply them for enhanced instruction.
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of educational technology tools to support teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in developing instructional learning content, online course development, and delivery using emerging learning technologies.
- Experience with the use of Learning Management Systems as a course author.
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and best practices in instructional design.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, accuracy, and attention to detail while working on several projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, as well as an ability to achieve milestones iteratively and collaboratively and to swiftly pivot based on emerging needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form with various types of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience managing projects and strong organizational skills.
DO NOT apply through the BU website.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Remy Ruukel at email@example.com.
Workload: up to 20-30 hrs/week
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Temporary