About Arden University
Arden University is an independent higher education provider offering a broad range of degrees, masters and MBA programmes by online distance learning and on campus blended learning. Since 1990, we have been giving learners worldwide an opportunity to further their studies in a way that suits their lifestyle. We are proud that with our help, thousands of students realise their goals and make a difference to the world around them.
We started as a family-owned business in 1990 and we still maintain the same professional and caring approach, with high standards in everything we do. In 2011, we became a subsidiary of the US-based Capella Education Company, but in 2016 our ownership has transferred to Global University Systems, an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
In April 2014, after undergoing scrutiny by the QAA, we were awarded Taught Degree-Awarding Powers (TDAP) and began to develop our own degree programmes to meet growing UK and international demand for this affordable, flexible learning model, which we’d previously operated under validation arrangements with University partners. In July 2015 we were granted permission to use University Title and the company was renamed Arden University – the first new UK online distance learning university since the Open University launched in 1971.
Approximately 6,500 students in about 150 countries are studying through Arden University and over 90% of them combine work and study. Students access our study materials through our interactive ilearn platform.
About the job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Coordinator to join Arden University’s Academic Affairs Department. Academic Affairs has responsibility for student registrations, submission and examining of all assessments, arranging examinations, supporting student feedback and academic committees and oversight of all quality assurance processes. It comprises two main teams – Quality and Registry. The Quality team has overall responsibility for the quality of the experience and learning opportunities of our students, and for ensuring the maintenance of academic standards across all programmes.
The duties may vary within the scope outlined below, but normally team members take on responsibility for specific programmes and subject areas, together with administration of specific committees and/or validation and quality assurance processes. Full training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Quality Coordinator will include:
- Undertaking activities and coordinating projects relating to academic affairs and quality.
- Liaising with academic staff and students on day-to-day quality matters and activities.
- Delivering academic support services, e.g. in connection to the development and approval of new courses and assessments.
- Liaising with university partners and External Examiners.
- Serving and contributing to committees and boards meetings, including accurate minute-taking.
- Producing and maintaining student handbooks and other policy and procedural documents.
- Implementing a variety of quality assurance activities.
- Analysing and presenting data.
- Supporting the University’s Student Association and associated software and supporting student representatives more broadly.
It is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise task effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g. students, senior academics).
- IT literacy, e.g. solid grasp of common software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines.