Funding Development and Compliance Officer (Economic Development)
7 days left
- Full Time
This is a fixed term, full time (35hours) post.
**As part of your application, in addition to a covering letter and CV, applicants are asked to complete the Supplementary Application Table, which explicitly outlines how you meet each of the essential criteria for this post and, where applicable, the desirable criteria.
Please note, applications will only be considered from applicants who complete and attach the supplementary application table.
Also, please see within the job description the 'Realising your Potential Approach' which outlines the key behavioural indicators for this post.**
Durham University is looking to recruit an experienced individual to the role of Funding Development and Compliance Officer. This is a new role within the economic development team within Research and Innovation Services.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Lead on advising University staff on specific economic development funding requirements and systems
- Support the economic development funding manager in developing new funding applications and leading on ongoing funder requests
- Oversee the compliant delivery of funder audits and checks both pre visit and ensuring recommendations are appropriately actioned post visit
- Lead on monitoring performance and progress of economic development projects and reporting these internally including highlighting risks and issues and identifying mitigating actions
The key duties of the role are:
- Advising project leads on funding eligibility, delivery requirements, audit standards and any associated university reporting and recording requirements ensuring that all project delivery complies with funding regulations.
- The post holder will lead on compiling, reporting and presenting on project progress to internal university committees, project meetings and funders as required
- The post holder will support the economic development funding manager in developing compliant funding applications advising on eligibility and funding constraints
- The post holder will have lead responsibility for managing change requests with funders and ongoing correspondence
- The post holder will develop comprehensive internal monitoring systems for all economic development projects delivered by Durham University incorporating financial and outcome monitoring
- The post holder will develop a suite of standardised paperwork for use by project staff which meets funder and university requirements
- Taking a lead on addressing all audit findings and making recommendations for improvements to the economic development funding manager.
- Regularly attending and presenting at project meetings both within the University and at other partner organisations.