Assistant/Associate/Research Professor in Business
Center for Entrepreneurship
About the University:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is under pinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
About the College:
The College of Business and Economics was established in 1985. The College of Business and Economics at Qatar University is committed to offer high quality business programs that prepare students for successful careers in Qatar and the region in an increasingly complex and global environment. To this end, the college attracts and retains talented faculty committed to excellence in teaching, to research that impacts practice and advances knowledge, and to community engagement. We pride ourselves with an environment that values diversity and respects local culture. The College is accredited by AACSB-International.
About the Center:
The Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) was established in September 2013 as an initiative of the College of Business and Economics to link the academics with business reality through training, incubation, research and consultation. CFE's services are extended to Qatar University students, alumni, staff, the private sector, business community, associations, and government agencies. CFE's services include delivering training programs to create awareness about the importance of entrepreneurship and to develop skills to become potential entrepreneurs. CFE's mission is to support students and the QU community to develop business ideas and transform them into viable start-ups through incubating promising ideas. In addition, the CFE faculty members involve in research activities that develop the entrepreneurship research culture in Qatar and the region
Duties & Responsibilities
Mainly research, but there are also some teaching responsibilities as well as service expectations at the department, college, university, and community levels.
- Candidates must have a doctorate degree in any business discipline from an accredited university.
- Good research record in top tier ranking peer reviewed journals
- Experience in getting research grants
- Experience in working with industry and providing consulting service related to entrepreneurship is an advantage (but is not required)
- Candidate with teaching experience is preferred.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Research, Teaching, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete, you may use it to apply for an open Position.