Field Educational Training Specialist, Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies
Department of Educational Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The College of Education offers the position of Field Educational Training Specialist on the Fall \ 2018 (September 2018). The applicant is expected to supervise the students of the college in internship and carry out some of the responsibilities and tasks assigned in the college as well as teaching some courses in primary & secondary education (the undergraduate level ) , in addition to some other academic requirements to support the needs of the college, students and Qatar University.
- Supervise the performance of students in internship according to the number of students enrolled in the course, and in the management of the seminar and all requirements of the course.
- Supervise the performance of students in field hours related to educational courses (observation, small work groups, and micro-teaching).
- Participate in the teaching at the bachelor level and according to the policies applied by the university that after completing the supervising the course of internship and in coordination with the needs and requirements of the college.
- Work as a team with specialized faculties and teaching staff in educational courses.
- Work with other supervisors for developing the field training plan.
- Develop his relationship with the school community in supporting and enhancing the educational process.
- Represent in some department & college committees if necessary.
- Develop the professional and academic performance of the supervisors in the internship.
- Performs other appropriate tasks and developments assigned through the College.
- Master's degree or higher in the field of education.
- Teaching experience in the field of specialization.
- Excellence experience in teaching.
- Experience in curriculum development and implement technology in education.
- Filling the employment form on the university website.
- http: //recruit.qu/edu.qa/pls/recruitment/recruiter.re
- Updated CV.
- letter identify the experience the field of education, leadership and scientific research, in addition to the reasons for interest in the job
- At least three letters of recommendation containing contact numbers and e-mail.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
- Documents required:
- Completion of the download all data and information on the university online application site, which is available at the following link: https://careers.qu.edu.qa/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_ADV_JOB_SEARCH_PAGE&_ti=416938566&oapc=2&oas=TD_-OvtkpZMAbTOEpekD-A..
- Updated CV.
- Personal statement explaining the applicant’s role in leadership, education, research and experience, expressing the reasons for applying for this position.
- At least one recommendation and two references, including contact details and addresses of e-mail providers stated number of these recommendation/references.