Associate Director, Enrollment, Financial Assistance
The Associate Director assists the Director of Student Financial Services in administering a holistic financial aid program, which supports the recruitment and retention efforts of the Medical Campus and insures Boston Universitys compliance with federal and state regulations as well as institutional policies and procedures. This a supervisory position that is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of the Student Financial Services. This position requires the knowledge of financial aid programs, understanding of both federal and institutional methodology and the ability to exercise independent judgment in interpreting federal and state regulations and the use of Professional judgment. The Associate Director is responsible to manage staff, financial literacy, and customer service, along with determining student eligibility, scholarship administration, and assisting with fiscal management and reporting requirements. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with their application.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience managing personnel including supervising, training, and evaluating staff.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external constituents.
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with difficult situations.
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to handle several tasks simultaneously while demonstrating excellent time management.
- Extreme attention to detail and strong analytic skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred. Five to eight years of administrative financial aid experience and/or two to three years of supervisory experience. Knowledge of Title IV federal regulations, programs, policies, and procedures required.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular