Biopolymer Chemist (m/f)
Institute of Biomaterial Science, Teltow
Biopolymer Chemist (m/f)
Code No. 2018/B 3
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de.
The Institute of Biomaterial Science in Teltow of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht and Berlin Brandenburg Centre for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) invite applications for a Senior Postdoc (m/f) in Organic / Macromolecular Chemistry with a focus on biopolymer-based hybrid materials. Ideally, candidates have already demonstrated their capability in a first Postdoc position. This is initially a 2-years fixed term contract.
What we offer:
- responsibility for biopolymer-based materials at the Institute of Biomaterial Research.
- responsibility for your own projects
- Supervision experience by contributions in guiding PhD/master students
- active participation in the publication of the results, preparation of patents, and in attracting additional funding.
What we expect:
- You have a strong background in organic chemistry with emphasis on carbohydrate or peptide based precursors or materials.
- You are expected to develop novel synthons and precursors for biopolymer-based hybrid materials.
- You have a Ph.D. in organic chemistry or polymer chemistry with a broad knowledge in the field of natural product related chemistry as documented by a significant number of scientific publications.
- You have demonstrated your capability to characterize molecules and materials by NMR applying state of the art NMR experiments orchestrated by you.
- You are eager to collaborate with material scientists and biologists and researchers from other disciplines to transfer your ideas to applications based research.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Marc Behl, email@example.com. For details about the institute, please visit the website at http://biomaterials.hzg.de.
We offer an appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits. The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2018/B 3 including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees to by e-mail in one file not larger than 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is: April, 22nd, 2018.