Student Services Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit is an integral part of our Indigenous program @ UNSW. Our aim is to provide world class academic, cultural & personal pastoral care to our Indigenous students.
Working together with the University teaching programs and research activities under the portfolio of the Pro Vice Chancellor Indigenous, we will increase the participation and success of Indigenous students and enhance the understanding and respect for Indigenous peoples’ knowledge and culture.
About the role
- $119K to $126K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing role
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
As a Student Services Manager you will lead outreach and support services for Indigenous students from recruitment through to completion. You will be integral to upholding the culture of Nura Gili and our provision of a safe and welcoming place for Indigenous students and staff, through the support and development of the Student Services team and business processes.
Working with various stakeholders you will oversee annual marketing and communications strategies, and together with the Student Service team ensure operational and strategic initiatives are implemented. Overall you will represent Nura Gili and increase the profile of Indigenous programs @ UNSW.
About the successful applicant
- Well-developed leadership and team management skills with the ability to motivate and mentor staff and students
- Experience in implementing strategy and improving processes and systems
- A respectful communicator with relevant experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Relevant degree, or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
UNSW considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online.
Associate Professor Reuben Bolt, Director, Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 3795
Applications close: Wednesday, 18th April 2018