Veterans Benefits Processing Manager
Description of Work Unit
The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to provide leadership and service in student enrollment and academic record management that supports the recruitment, retention and graduation goals of Colorado State University.
This position has program responsibility for the University’s participation in the Veterans’ Educational Assistance programs. This includes ensuring the University complies with Veterans Affairs (VA) requirements to participate in VA programs, completing paperwork for the University to participate, maintaining the records of eligible Veterans certifying student enrollment status to the VA and advising veterans of their eligibility and options for receiving benefits. Periodically meet with and provide requested records to VA and state approving agency officials in conducting compliance surveys and supervisory visits (audits).
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Admin; Education; Organizational Behavior/Leadership; Social Work, Liberal Arts, Human Sciences, or a closely related field that emphasizes analysis, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- One year experience as a School Certifying Official.
- Three or more years of experience working in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience working with students, faculty and staff in a front-line capacity.
- Minimum of one year serving in a supervisory/management capacity.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Graduate degree in higher education, business administration or a closely related field that emphasizes analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Experience certifying Veteran benefits at an institution with greater than 300 Veteran benefit students.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience working with administrative student information systems: preferably CollegeSource products: u.achieve (Degree Audit Reporting System), u.direct, and Transferology; Ellucian (SunGard) Banner systems (Banner Student, Banner Document Management and Banner Workflow).
- Problem-solving ability and creativity to implement efficiencies in current practices.
- Demonstrated ability to engage work unit/team in a collaborative approach to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Familiarity with higher education Student Veteran Advocacy role.
- Preferred experience with business and project management practices.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
Job Duty Category Supervision Duty/Responsibility
- Oversee daily operations and work assignments of Veteran Education Benefit Office (VEBO) staff.
- Hire, assist in training, and supervise work of VEBO unit student workers.
- Ensure VEBO unit upholds university, state, and federal policy and timelines.
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Veterans Education Benefits Office (VEBO) Management Duty/Responsibility
- Advise the Director of ALVS as well as the University community on matters related to Veterans Educational Benefits, VA processes and make recommendations on the processing needs as well as issues concerning policy and procedures related to VA processes.
- Program Management – manage the daily operations relating to VEBO processing. Write office procedure and training manuals on processing. Make recommendations to Director of ALVS and Office of the Registrar on improvements in office procedures, update forms, update files. Ensure that all institutional, state and federal policies and regulations related to VA processing are being met. Comply with these regulations by developing procedures and programs to guarantee the correct outcome.
- Ensure that successful completion of all VEBO documents are met to maintain University eligibility, certifying enrollment and eligibility of current students supplying reports regarding our student veterans, and working with the Veteran’s Administration to resolve problems.
- Ensure that business practices, including Student Information Systems, are optimized to ensure efficient and accurate processing of benefits.
- Maintains adequate records to show progress of each Veteran or eligible person. Ensures on a term-by-term basis that the student is enrolling in only those courses that meet the requirements of their specific program.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Administer all Veterans Educational Benefits processes Duty/Responsibility
- Advise, guide, counsel, and recommend next steps for students, faculty, advisers and department staff on VEBO issues by utilizing knowledge of VA policies and knowledge of the individual student circumstances.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Customer Service (internal and external relations) Duty/Responsibility
- This position is expected to have substantial relationships with students, faculty, administrators and staff. External relationships include the Adult Learner and Veterans Services Office (ALVS), Military Sciences department, and staff of other institutions of higher learning working directly with veteran students. This position is expected to represent the College and Certifying Official profession in a positive manner and to collaborate with academic and student services departments in order to contribute to the retention of students.
- Promotes the service mission of the Office of the Registrar by working with students, parents, faculty and administration to enhance service quality and delivery, and effectively resolve issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for keeping veteran students informed of policies and processes by working with the Director of ALVS and Office of the Registrar on keeping the web page information current and by responding to veteran benefit inquiries from prospects, parents, and students, via phone, counter and e-mail. Uses transfer database resources and program display systems (VAONCE, DARS, TES and Transferology) to instruct veteran students on benefits, eligibility, transfer course equivalencies and degree requirements for programs. Ensure that students have the ability to maximize and efficiently utilize their VA education benefits by advising them of eligibility options prior to certification.
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duty Category Other duties. Duty/Responsibility
- Work with Registrar’s Systems unit to fully manage projects for the office such as building current files, queries, workflow for VEBO projects, etc. Propose new formats for data reports; handle difficult problems dealing with Veteran benefit issues. Make decisions for the best outcome of the student and office. Detect and identify other issues that may not only effect the unit but the Office of the Registrar or University processing.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 04/08/2018, 11:59 pm (MT) with a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, resume, and 3 professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
All applications must be submitted through the CSU website.
Search Contact Lori Woodruff - Lori.Woodruff@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.