University of Wolverhampton
Offices of the Vice Chancellor
£Competitive salary plus excellent benefits including pension
The University of Wolverhampton’s ambition is to be a progressive and influential sector leader, championing diversity, growth, and creating life chances for all while enhancing economic impact and accelerating ambition across the entire University community.
As part of the University’s commitment to putting Students First and to deliver outstanding teaching and learning for our students, we are seeking to appoint an exceptional Academic Registrar. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspiring engaging people leader able to form and shape cohesive teams, enthuse people and spearhead the adoption of new approaches and ways of working.
The Academic Registrar is responsible for the effective leadership and delivery of a broad range of student and academic services. As a key member of the Corporate Management Team, you will play a lead role in the university’s cultural transformation agenda and the delivery of a digital campus, to underpin the University’s wider ambitions.
The Role will:
- Make a genuine contribution to the success of the organisation by providing effective, proactive and innovative leadership to all areas within the Academic Registry taking responsibility for the management, development and performance of staff.
- Be the owner of the University’s student data and the student record system, working closely with the Director of Strategic Planning and Performance to maximise the use of management information and deliver accurate external returns.
- Lead responsibility for the interpretation and development of the University’s academic regulations and compliance within statutory duties in relation to quality assurance, student achievement, assessment and data management.
- You will bring senior level strategic management experience within a large complex organisation and extensive experience of working within a regulatory framework. You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience in Registry Services.
- You will have proven experience in leading successful organisational change and business transformation programmes which have delivered demonstrable business benefits.
- You will have the ability to engage, build positive relationships and seek shared outcomes with key academic and university stakeholders.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, apply now by following the link below.
For an informal chat relating to this post, please contact Emma Bull on 01902 322392 or email: Jin@wlv.ac.uk
Ref No: 11190
Closing date: 30 April 2018.
For more information about this post and to apply on line, go to our website www.wlv.ac.uk/jobs
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.