Lecturer in Psychological Science, Level C
Lecturer, Level C positions Psychological Science – Professional Psychology Programs
- Enjoy access to flexible work arrangements
- Contribute to the growth and direction of ACAP as thought leaders in the industry
- Work within an innovative environment, responsive to the profession to become pioneers in the discipline
ACAP are seeking an Lecturer Level C in Psychological Science due to expansion in our Sydney Campus
Due to exciting development in our professional psychology programs, we are seeking a number of academics who are also registered psychologists to contribute to coursework teaching, skills training and research supervision within the professional psychology programs (Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology; Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology Practice; and Master of Psychology (Clinical)).
The successful applicants will based on our Hyde Park Campus on Elizabeth Street in the Sydney CBD and undertake both general and specialist roles in these programs, including responsibility for the professional oversight of the ACAP Psychology Clinic, placement coordination, and development and implementation of our soon to be launched 6th Year internship program.
Essential Skills & Experience for all positions
- Doctoral qualification in an area of psychology relevant to professional psychology
- Registered as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Eligible for membership of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists; eligible to be endorsed in Clinical Psychology essential for three positions and desirable for one
- Approved by the Psychology Board of Australia to supervise psychology students undertaking higher education courses as preparation for registration and pathways to the clinical psychology area of practice endorsement
- Substantial experience providing clinical supervision to psychologists
- Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education settings in an area of professional psychology
Who we are
Established in 1983, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education and courses promoting individual and community wellbeing.
The college faculty promotes a collegial environment, hands-on approach and supportive culture, within a diverse student community.
We are a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within the Careers & Industry Division of Navitas Limited, an ASX 200 listed company.
ACAP is evolving and looking at innovative ways with a forward focused approach on adapting to the ever-changing landscape of education, the marketplace and society. We aim to become a thought leader in our space with the ability to influence stakeholders in the Australian education environment.
We benefit from the support of Navitas, a large diversified global educator who are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Our campuses are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Online and soon Perth.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check. Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please quote reference number aligned with your interest(s) Reference No. Position
2018-004 Professional Psychology Programs – Clinic
2018-005 Professional Psychology Programs – Placement
2018-006 Professional Psychology Programs
2018-007 Professional Psychology Programs
Applications close Friday 13 April 2018, with interviews likely to commence Wednesday 2 May 2018.
To view the full position description please head to our careers website, https://www.navitas.com/careers
For further information, please contact Thomas Hui on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the appropriate reference number(s)