Information and Communications Technology Manager
BE PART OF CREATING A BETTER TOMORROW
Curtin University is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative universities. Curtin Malaysia is Curtin University’s largest international campus with students from more than 45 countries, offering a unique international and cross-cultural learning experience in Malaysia. Highly-qualified academic staff from some 15 countries further strengthen our international outlook. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Business, Humanities, Engineering and Science identical to those offered at our parent campus, as well as courses at pre-university level that feed directly into our undergraduate programs.
We are now inviting qualified applicants for the following position:
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Lead a team of staff responsible for the delivery of ICT services of the University, with responsibility for their development and performance.
- Collaboratively establish the strategic vision, goals and priorities of the department in alignment with the University’s Strategic priorities.
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements by seeking out and identifying with technical rigour the best fit for purpose technologies for the University’s requirements.
- Ensure that hardware, software and other system (end-to-end) are appropriately procured, maintained and, where necessary, modified or enhanced to improve productivity.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are established and maintained at all times to ensure effectiveness and consistency of service provision;
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing systems and software packages.
- Engages staff and students in meaningful ways to understand their needs and uses of ICT services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in ICT, engineering, computer science or a related discipline, and extensive management experience in a large technological organization; or a combination of relevant experience and/or education and/or training.
- Extensive and proven expertise in managing the implementation and operation of large complex projects in a relevant area of technology.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills at both operational and project levels, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated highly effective problem-solving skills with an ability to use systems and abstract approach based thinking simultaneously.
- A high level of interpersonal skills including ability to communicate (oral and written) and negotiate effectively with both academic and administrative staff and the wider community.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams of technical people and supporting the successful development of teams in performance and appraisal.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale ICT procurement and the appropriate governance of ICT procurement and application.
Applicants are required to address each of the above selection criteria in their letter of application, which should be supported by a full curriculum vitae and other evidence as well as the names and contact details of two referees. The applications should be directed to:
Staffing Management Section
Human Resource Department
Curtin University Malaysia
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
CLOSING DATE: The post is open until filled.