- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Art & Design leads Australia with a focus on media innovation and emerging technologies. The Faculty’s approach is interdisciplinary, advancing tradition and challenging existing thinking. UNSW Art & Design is an internationally recognised centre for arts-led transdisciplinary research in science and technology, our strengths span Art Theory and Criticism; Film, Television and Digital Media; Visual Arts and Crafts. The Faculty is comprised of renowned practitioners, researchers and thinkers spanning contemporary visual arts, creativity and culture, design and innovation.
About the role
- $71k - $80k plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 12 month fixed term appointment
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administrative Assistant provides office management and clerical support to the Faculty senior leadership team. The primary focus of this role is to assist with a broad range of administrative responsibilities, in particular arranging room bookings, catering, maintaining stationary supplies, providing administrative support in the preparation and coordination of casual academic contracts and visiting appointment, and providing financial administration for the Faculty.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Diploma or equivalent combination of qualifications and work experience.
- Strong organisational skills including ability to prioritise tasks and duties in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in finance administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and with high level of attention to detail in a busy office.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steven Shears, Academic Services Coordinator
Applications close: Wednesday, 11th April 2018