Chief Operating Officer
BE PART OF CREATING A BETTER TOMORROW
Curtin University is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative universities. Curtin Malaysia is Curtin University’s largest international campus with students from more than 45 countries, offering a unique international and cross-cultural learning experience in Malaysia. Highly-qualified academic staff from some 15 countries further strengthen our international outlook. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Business, Humanities, Engineering and Science identical to those offered at our parent campus, as well as courses at pre-university level that feed directly into our undergraduate programs.
We are now inviting qualified applicants for the following position:
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for oversight and management of the operational aspects of the university including Finance and Human Resource functions.The main focus is to provide a conducive infrastructure, facilities and operational environment.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Oversee and contribute to the development of strategic and business planning of the campus infrastructure and managing the overall organisation’s operations to achieve operational goals and objectives, while ensuring that organisational and budgetary arrangements are aligned to optimize the ability to reach the university’s strategic goals.
- Oversee, direct and manage operations including general administration, information technology, housing, sports and recreational, campus services, security services, student affairs department, Finance and Human Resources.
- Performance accountability utilizing approved measurements of all internal and external processes with accurate and complete reporting on the operating conditions of all departments under the COO.
- Liaise with government bodies; local and federal and the business communities to further enhance the relationship and promote the university.
- Possess a postgraduate qualification from a recognised institution or appropriate related experience with a substantial previous experience in higher education or related industry.
- Relevant experience in relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the workings of government sectors and regulations would be an added advantage.
- Highly developed strategic and operational leadership capabilities.
- Have the vision, drive, energy and initiative to promote and lead change in a progressive and dynamic environment.
- Proven track record in similar roles in managing organizations, business and people.
- Leadership and team building.
- People management skills.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Management and strong organisational skills.
- Able to produce clear and accurate reports.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a latest resume which includes addressing the selection criteria, a covering letter, names and contact details of at least two referees and certified copies of your academic credentials.
For write-in application, please forward your applications to:
Staffing Management Section,
Human Resource Department,
Curtin University Malaysia,
CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
CLOSING DATE: The post will remain open until filled.