Library Data Analyst
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia's major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources. The Information Services Department delivers front line services to researchers, academics and students, with an increasing emphasis on digital scalable service delivery. The Research Reporting Unit (RRU) works closely with cross-Library Units and with Division of Research stakeholders to coordinate the university-wide collection and reporting of UNSW’s publications and creative research outputs. RRU manages UNSW’s Research Output System (currently Symplectic Elements) and coordinates the Annual Research Outputs Collection. In addition, the unit provides strategic reporting and advice to Library Senior Management, Faculty leadership and the Division of Research.
About the role
- $ 82.417 K-$87.919 K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This role will be responsible for enhancing the Library’s data intelligence capabilities through analysis, visualization and automation of reporting processes. Your ability to extract, validate and manipulate data from a range of enterprise systems and Library data sources will provide strategic insights into UNSW’s publishing trends, research impact, and Library collections.
You will work closely with stakeholders to gather business requirements and develop reports to provide researchers, research leaders and administrators insights into the quality, performance and impact of their research.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, managing, manipulating and visualising data (e.g. Excel, SQL, XML, R, Python, SAS) and experience in data extraction from enterprise data sources and reporting platforms.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver client-focused reports.
- Demonstrated understanding of Higher Education Sector in Australia. Knowledge and experience of scholarly publishing and/or library data will be highly regarded.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact: Dr Vanessa Crosby, Manager, Research Reporting
T: (61 2) 9385 8256
Applications close: Thursday, 5 April 2018