Professor in Construction
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
We shape future cities. Cities that are resilient, informed, healthy and smart – that are connected, green, liveable and inclusive.
Our vision is to be a global leader through high impact research and education that transforms built environments and improves the lives of the people who live and work in these communities. We have an intentionally broad focus to foster cross-cutting collaboration: from future focused products, design, and development, through to the policy and planning needed to support and promote innovation. We are tackling pressing environmental and societal challenges such as urban heat and urban heat, and the spatial inequality so present in many of our cities globally.
We are focused on high performing built environments that are sustainable and resilient, anticipating future ecological needs – always based on a design ethos that promotes, and responds to, the needs of the individual, communities and the broader cultural landscape. To do this we are building an agile platform for education, research and exchange that can respond to the changing needs of the profession. We also engender a culture and capacity to anticipate the unknown; by developing skilled and enquiring graduates, with conscience, who can positively engage, adapt and shape future cities – but always in a way that puts the planet, its people, first.
About the role
- $191,509K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The management of people, processes and products within the construction and property industry is a detailed, challenging and specialised expertise. The UNSW Built Environment Bachelor of Construction Management and Property is one of the most respected programs in the nation and meets the demands of an industry which is constantly evolving.
The role of Professor is expected to provide strategic leadership and make significant contributions to research, teaching, scholarship, creative practice and/or publication and/or exhibition, as well as contribute to the effective functioning of the Faculty.
The Professor will engage, lead and foster a culture of excellence in research and deliver outstanding research of international significance including attainment of significant competitive government and industry research funding and publication of outcomes in high quality research outlets.
The incumbent will provide academic leadership in the teaching and operation of both undergraduate and postgraduate programs and play an active role in the maintenance and development of academic standards in the development of educational policy and curriculum areas within the discipline.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Play an active role in the maintenance and development of academic standards in the development of educational policy and curriculum areas within the discipline.
- Participate in and provide leadership in community affairs in professional, commercial and industrial sectors where appropriate.
- High level contribution to development of policy and broad administrative functions within the School and/or University, course coordination, attending departmental, faculty or University meetings, involvement in Open days and recruitment activities and play a major role in planning and/or committee work or other duties as requested by the Head of School.
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility.
- Provide academic leadership in the teaching and operation of both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Foster and manage teaching and learning advancements and flexible delivery strategies especially through innovative adoption in teaching and learning.
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses within the Faculty.
- Supervise, provide consultation and monitor the progress of students including postgraduate research and honours students.
- Assist with the management, administration and further development of courses and programs.
- Promote high quality teaching and learning in lectures and tutorials and conduct tutorials, lectures and supervision of students in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Engage, lead and foster a culture of excellence in research and deliver outstanding research of international significance including attainment of significant competitive government and industry research funding and publication of outcomes in high quality research outlets.
- Provide research leadership and promote the Faculty’s research both nationally and internationally.
- Strengthen the Faculty’s ability to raise funding for further research.
- Pursue and develop an active research program (research grant applications, research student supervision, publications in refereed journals, presentation to conferences and publications in conference proceedings).
- Provide excellent leadership of research projects and leadership of research teams.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 27th May 2018