Director, AGSM Executive Education
- Senior Leadership role
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Salary package circa $300k plus bonus to 20%
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The AGSM delivers both inhouse and open executive education programs. Our inhouse team designs, develops and delivers customised leadership development programs for leading Australian and international companies and government organisations domestically and across the region.
The Director, AGSM Executive Education will have responsibility for leading the executive education strategy and business across UNSW Business School (with a primary focus on AGSM). The Director will also provide significant leadership and strategy input into the development of UNSW’s portfolio of executive education, short courses and continuing professional development.
With full profit and loss responsibility, you will have oversight of strategy, business development, relationship management and the development of an appropriate portfolio of product and service offerings to meet Industry and Leadership needs. In addition, you will be expected to leverage and commercialise UNSW’s research, thought-leadership and solution capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the Executive Education portfolio to meet and exceed revenue targets, including financial and budget management
- Setting the overall strategy for the AGSM Executive Education portfolio and playing a leading role in contributing to the development of UNSW’s strategy for executive education, short courses and continuing professional development
- Managing brand and reputation to ensure that AGSM Executive Education is a seen as the leading trusted advisor on leadership and management development in Australia and the region
- Managing and developing a team of professional staff (4 direct reports, approx. 20 total staff)
- Playing a lead role in external engagement and business development for AGSM, the Business School and UNSW and develop a strong external profile as a thought leader in leadership and management development
- Being a key member of the AGSM Senior Leadership Team contributing to the organisation’s future strategic direction
Drawing on your extensive business development experience in customer focused and knowledge intensive industries such as education or management consulting, you will thrive in this highly visible role within the Business School and across the broader university.
This superb opportunity will see you lead the next stage of development of Australia’s most respected brand in leadership and management development. You’ll inherit a high performing organisation of seasoned industry professionals, and with the support of an exceptionally strong management team, be well placed to achieve a significant increase in revenue over the coming years.
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Talent Acquisition Lead
Applications close: 23:59 on Sunday 22 April 2018