Lecturer/Associate Professor in Biomed, Engineering
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointments
Remuneration: $95,297 - $154,853 pa Level B - Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Join Australia’s number one engineering faculty
- Seeking academics committed to teaching and research excellence and social impact
- Strong industry connection
The Faculty of Engineering is seeking to appoint outstanding candidates to provide capability and leadership in the field of Biomedical Engineering. We have a strong presence in the field currently with the Monash Institute of Medical Engineering leading the way in translational research across Monash, our partner hospitals and collaborating medical research institutions. Monash Biomedical Imaging and the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) along with the Victorian Heart Hospital (due for completion in 2020) expand opportunities for biomedical research.
As the population ages, innovative medical technologies are becoming increasingly important globally. Research underpinning the development of these new technologies is by its nature multidisciplinary and often involves collaborations between engineers and clinical researchers well versed in unmet clinical need. We seek the brightest and best in a range of relevant fields with a view to exemplary research and translation of outcomes. The areas of interest include:
- Cell and tissue engineering
- Medical micro- and nano-devices
- Medical instruments
- Implantable and wearable devices
- Wireless body area networks
- Biomedical circuits and systems design
- Brain-machine/human-machine interfaces
- Biomedical imaging and signal processing
- Biomedical health informatics and data mining
- Biophysical modelling.
All appointments will be made to the most relevant department and where appropriate, candidates will be jointly appointed to multiple departments.
For further information on this role and details on how to apply, please click the following link:
Saturday 30 June 2018, 11.55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce