Research Proposals Officer
- Part Time
Macquarie University is the university of pioneering minds. From our inception we have crossed traditional boundaries. We developed the first electronic calculator for people with vision impairment, wireless internet technology and the Macquarie Dictionary. We were the first university in Australia to introduce childcare on campus and the first to appoint a female Vice-Chancellor. We were founded to be different, and we have always been at the forefront of changes to the way we work, live and learn.
We are recognised globally as one of Australia's leading research universities. We recently earned a 5-star rating in the QS World Rankings, including the highest rating for employability. We have been among the top-rated employers in the Australian Workplace Employers Index since it was founded in 2010. We are, definitively, a world-class university for students and staff. We're investing heavily in new buildings, courses and staff, and collaborating with businesses here and around the world including Cochlear Ltd, Intel and the CSIRO.
The Research Services office is responsible for the management of research that takes place at Macquarie University or is conducted by University staff. This task is divided between four functional teams, Pre Award, Post Award and Reporting, Ethics and Integrity, and Research Policy & Contracts.
Reporting to the Research Proposals Leader, within the Pre Award team you will work as part of a small team to:
- Monitor, coordinate and administer the submission of research proposals to external research funding sources
- Help to administer a variety of internal research grant funding schemes
- Identify and promote funding opportunities to academic staff to encourage research participation across the University
- Provide advice, training and support to researchers on systems relating to research proposal submissions
- Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the online application process.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing time and multiple competing tasks within deadlines;
- Demonstrated high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively;
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, in particular Excel and Word;
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of research grants, funding bodies and grant application processes and systems
- Initiative in identifying and recommending administrative process improvements.
Salary Package: $81,434 to 89,899 p.a (Level 6) (pro-rata for part-time) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Part-time 12 month fixed term (parental leave replacement). 21 hours per week, working 7 hours Wednesday to Friday.
General Recruitment Enquiries: Patsy Moss, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Specific Role Enquiries: Julian Zipparo, Manager, Pre Award on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 20th April, 2018 at 11.00pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.