Research Proposals Leader
1 day left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
It's an exciting time to join our Research team at Macquarie. With a renewed focus on accelerating and impactful research discovery and ambitious funding targets, you will have an opportunity to influence and drive the engine room of our Research Services office – the Proposal Submission team. This team you will lead helps researchers and research support staff in faculties to identify appropriate funding opportunities, ensure proposal compliance, provide advice, and manage the process of research funding submissions. The team is also responsible for overseeing the variety of internal research grant schemes run for the University, from guideline development, panel organisation through to recommendations to the DVC Research.
You will be instrumental in:
- Building capability and helping researchers to submit high quality, successful grant applications
- Taking initiative to drive continuous improvement in Macquarie’s grant submission processes
- Developing a culture of excellence by managing a high performance team and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Your experience in a research management environment, your systematic and organised approach to process and process improvement along with your ability to manage a small team and committed to delivering results will ensure your success in this role.
To be considered for this position, you must respond to the selection criteria below and then upload the response as a separate document during the online application process.
- Degree or equivalent experience in administration, preferably in a University environment or other large organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process and procedural improvements
- Thorough understanding of research grant funding schemes, in particular those administered by the ARC and NHMRC
- Extensive experience in using research management and research proposal submission systems
- Strong track record in interpreting funding requirements and/or guidelines
- Management of a small team in a high volume & deadline driven environment
Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112,058 p.a. (Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
General Recruitment Enquiries: Patsy Moss, HR Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Role Enquiries: Julian Zipparo, Manager, Pre Award on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday 20th April, 2018 at 11.00pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.