Description of Work Unit
The mission of the CVMBS IT Services unit is to facilitate the mission of a world-class college with efficient and effective information technology in pursuit of the college’s goals in teaching, research, outreach, and clinical service of the College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences.
As a professional software engineer, this position will work independently and within a small team for the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- One year of professional experience with relational databases and SQL programming using database management systems such as SQL Server.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or another closely related field.
- Extensive experience with relational database design and programming.
- Experience with responsive web design, RESTful APIs, HTML, AJAX, CSS, XML, and related technologies.
- Experience with data layer programming using technologies such as LINQ and Entity Framework.
- Experience with mobile app development.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, design patterns, and n-tiered architecture.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM software development processes.
- Experience with source code version control and release administration such as TFS and GitHub.
- Experience with integrating separate systems using various technologies such as web services or HL7 messaging.
- Experience with IT in a higher education environment.
- Experience with various IT processes and procedures in a medical or clinical laboratory environment.
- Experience working independently and as part of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service orientation.
- Commitment to professional development to better support College technical needs.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Software Development Duty/Responsibility
- Design and develop Restful API’s to be used across many environments
- Create test scenarios and test data. Perform quality checks as required.
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Database Design and Programming Duty/Responsibility
- Design new databases as required primarily using MS SQL server
- Design the Entity-Relationship diagrams and identify the attributes and the relationships between these attributes and the cardinalities.
- Data mining from multiple internal and external data resources.
- Define database objects and database users.
- Develop TSQL.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Business Analytics Duty/Responsibility
- Requirements gathering from the end users.
- Document business processes.
- Document application design.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end users and developers.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Routine System Maintenance and Support Duty/Responsibility
- Investigate and report solutions to technical problems. Provide evidence of advantages and disadvantages of competing solutions.
- Assist and train departmental members in the development and implementation of software systems.
- Provide support to internal and external users.
- Support users after work hours during on-call duties.
Percentage Of Time 15
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, apply by 11:59pm (MT) 4/1/18. Along with a resume and list of 3 professional references (with contact information), applicants must submit a cover letter addressing how their education/experience aligns with each of the minimum and preferred qualifications listed in the job posting. Failure to address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the cover letter could result in an application being removed from consideration.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Note: At this time, for this position, the department will not be offering visa sponsorship. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States by the date of hire.
Search Contact Joe Strecker; email@example.com or 970-492-4174
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.