Lecturer/Associate Professor in Smart Manufacturing, Engineering
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointments
Remuneration: $95,297 - $154,853 pa Level B - Level D, plus 17% employer superannuation
- Join Australia’s number one engineering faculty
- Seeking academics committed to teaching and research excellence and social impact
- Strong industry connection
The Faculty of Engineering is looking to appoint exceptional academics to help shape the field of Smart Manufacturing. Smart Manufacturing creates high added value products through the integration of conception, design, manufacturing, and sustainment. Automation, online process control, augmented reality, and software integration all support this end. We are seeking multidisciplinary engineers to lead our research and teaching in this exciting and fast moving field. Applicants are sought with a strong background and interest in smart manufacturing related engineering disciplines, particularly in the areas of:
- Design for manufacturing including design process thinking
- Augmented Reality applications to manufacturing
- Automation and the Internet of Things
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Mechatronics and Controls
- Design for additive manufacturing
- Additive manufacturing processes
- Machine learning for design and optimization of materials development and processing
Applicants in the design field will have the opportunity to shape the commissioning of the Technology, Education, and Design building to be opened in 2020. The world-leading Monash Centre for Additive Manufacturing, the CAVE2 visualisation facility, and the Maintenance Technology Institute are the distinctive platforms and institutes which support and develop smart manufacturing processes.
All appointments will be made to the most relevant department and where appropriate, candidates will be jointly appointed to multiple departments.
The Faculty of Engineering has a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and flexibility in the workplace. At Monash we are proud to have been awarded the prestigious citation Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for our leading practice in advancing gender equity monash.edu/gender-equity. This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Saturday 30 June 2018, 11.55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce