Lecturer/Associate Professor in Smart Systems, Engineering
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointments
Remuneration: $95,297 - $154,853 pa Level B - Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Join Australia’s number one engineering faculty
- Seeking academics committed to teaching and research excellence and social impact
- Strong industry connection
The Faculty of Engineering is seeking to appoint outstanding emerging and established academics that will be the next generation of global leaders in Smart Systems. Our world leading researchers draw on intra-faculty and inter faculty links to leverage capability and deliver innovation across a broad range of smart systems initiatives including our Digital Agriculture launch pad and our Smart Urban Mobility and Intelligent Transport Systems initiatives. We will lead the development of best-practice in order to meet societal demands for a sustainable future. Spanning from autonomous agriculture to smart grid distribution of electricity, from production-line building construction practices to autonomous land, air, and sea transportation systems, meeting these strategic needs for a modern civilisation generates common challenges that cross traditional disciplinary boundaries.
Applicants with research and teaching interests in any area of Engineering related to Smart Systems are encouraged to apply. Areas of special interest include:
- Power systems and smart grids
- Control and dynamical systems
- Robotics and sensing
- System design and process
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Smart cities and buildings
- Machine learning
- Smart construction
- Aerospace control
- Smart farming
- Intelligent infrastructure inspection and monitoring
Ultising significant infrastructure such as university wide platforms in additive manufacturing, the Grid Innovation Hub, a full range of materials production and physical testing, MASSIVE compute and e-Research platform, and the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication allows our researchers to achieve their full potential. Additionally our Monash Energy Materials and Systems Institute (MEMSI) and Monash Infrastructure (MI) research institutes facilitate opportunities for collaboration and advancement.
All appointments will be made to the most relevant department and where appropriate, candidates will be jointly appointed to multiple departments.
The Faculty of Engineering has a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and flexibility in the workplace. At Monash we are proud to have been awarded the prestigious citation Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for our leading practice in advancing gender equity monash.edu/gender-equity. This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Sunday 27 May 2018, 11.55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Clayton
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Clayton
- Permanent General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Clayton
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Clayton