Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Psychology
6 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Psychology has one open position as postdoctoral fellow for a period of 2 years, without teaching duties. The position is a fixed-term position with the primary goal of qualifying for work in academic chair positions.
The Department of Psychology currently has approximately 110 employees and 1100 students. The Department holds a large and diverse research community covering a variety of disciplines within psychology, and offers studies at the bachelor-, master- and PhD level in addition to a study programme in clinical psychology. The Department also has three outpatient clinics that offer out-patient treatment as part of the educational programme in clinical psychology. In addition, the Department participates in extensive local, national and international research collaborations. Our research ambition is to be internationally leading in some areas and nationally leading in other areas of psychology.
The Department of Psychology is looking for candidates who want to carry out research and formulate innovative and challenging themes within the field of psychology. The position is announced as an open position as postdoctoral fellow within psychology.
Employment will be activated in accordance with existing regulations of 31 January 2006 (http://www.lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2006-01-31-102). The requirement for the positions is a completed Norwegian PhD in a relevant field, or a completed foreign PhD approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in a relevant field. In order to be considered for the position, the defence of the PhD thesis must have been completed and approved within the application deadline.
Candidates must provide a project description. In the assessment of the candidates the following qualifications will be emphasized:
- The research proposal’s quality and relevance. The research proposal must contain a detailed description of how the project/projects will be carried out. The research proposal must include a progress plan describing the project’s main activities and milestones. Moreover, the applicant must provide a dissemination plan that includes the planned articles. For each of these articles, applicants must clarify the specific research problems and/or hypotheses, the data sets and/or materials, the choice of method and potential target journals. The originality of the planned scientific articles must also be explained. It is expected that the candidate will be able to complete the research project within two years.
- The project’s relevance to the research strategy described in NTNU’s strategy 2018 - 2025 - Knowledge for a better world, and the strategy of the Department of Psychology.
- Experience from research documented by publications and work with previous research projects.
- Personal skills such as flexibility, excellent cooperation skills and motivation to contribute to a good work environment, will be emphasized.
- Thematical fit to the research groups at the Department of Psychology.
The applicant must be fluent in English or in a Scandinavian language.
Payment and working conditions
The position as Postdoctor (code 1352) is paid according to the national salary scheme 24, from gross NOK 490 900 per year, of which 2 % is deducted for the State Pension Scheme.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. It is essential that the successful candidate is present and available at the Department of Psychology.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an Inclusive Workplace.
- Academic challenges
- An open and including work environment
- Attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Applications should within deadline include:
- Research proposal and dissemination plan (up to 10 pages including the reference list).
- CV, recommendations and diplomas (applicants who have not yet received their PhD diploma, must document that the defence of the PhD thesis is completed and approved).
- The applicant’s five most important publications.
Collaborative work will be taken into account. If it is difficult to identify the applicants share in the collaborative work, a short statement of his/her part therein must be attached.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act.
For further information about the positions contact Head of Department Ute Gabriel, phone +47 73 59 17 78, e-mail email@example.com.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no. Documents submitted after the deadline will not be taken into account in the evaluation.
The reference number of the position is: SU-123.
Application deadline: 29. April 2018
About this job
- Deadline Sunday, April 29, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Dragvoll
- Jobbnorge ID 150043
- Internal ID 2018/5154
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Fixed Term
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!