Assistant / Associate Professor in Comparative Religion
The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a Graduate School of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is a leading research and teaching institution in strategic and international affairs and policy-oriented think-tank in the Asia-Pacific region. The School invites applications for the following tenure-track position:
Assistant / Associate Professor
in the following specialization:
Applicants are expected to have training and expertise in Religious Studies, specialising in comparative religion and Buddhism/Hinduism/Taoism, as well as teaching and/or research interests in areas such as sociology of religion, and analysis of inter-religious relations in plural societies.
The successful applicant will be attached with the Studies in Inter-Religious Relations in Plural Societies (SRP) Programme and is expected to develop, manage and provide direction in teaching and research in these areas, and to design and teach up to two courses in the School’s Master of Science programmes. A relevant PhD and a good publication record are therefore essential requirements.
Applicants are also expected to contribute to the School’s research agenda, contribute to team research and policy-oriented projects, teach in short executive programmes, and organize conferences and seminars. Experience in policy-relevant research and publication would be useful.
The initial appointment will be for three (3) years, with further contracts to be considered by the relevant School Reappointment Committee. A candidate with the appropriate qualifications and experience may be appointed at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
All applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter specifying how your qualifications match the job description;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (including records of competitive grants and graduate supervision, if applicable);
- Statements of research and teaching interests and, teaching evaluation if applicable;
- Three (3) published articles or writing samples;
- Names, addresses, email and phone numbers of at least 4 referees.
- If you are applying for the Assistant Professor position, your referees must be of the rank of Associate Professor
- If you are applying for the Associate Professor position, your referees must be of the rank of Professor
- A completed Application for Employment form (Download the application form)
If you are interested, please write in (or email) to:
The Search Committee
S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
Nanyang Technological University
Block S4, Level B4,
Applications will close on 31 May 2018.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information about RSIS, please visit our website at: www.rsis.edu.sg