Assistant/Associate Research Professor in Chemical Engineering
Gas Processing Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking Assistant or Associate Research Professor to work in the Gas Processing Centre (GPC), College of Engineering, Qatar University. The ideal candidate must be of Chemical Engineering background or related fields with strong credentials in applied catalysis in the oil/gas research, preferably in the area of CO2 conversion and/or water treatment. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and improvement of catalyst testing. He/she is required to possess excellent practical skills and a thorough knowledge of modern synthetic methodology. The candidate is also expected to engage with industrial partners in a collaborative effort to design, synthesize, characterize and implement novel catalysts. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of published work. Most importantly, the GPC is looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented candidate who is interested to work and support different research projects at GPC.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Strong publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- At least five years’ experience in the mentioned research areas.
- Capability to work on multiple engineering projects and bring them to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.