UNSW Canberra Graduate
2 days left
- Full Time
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Canberra Graduate Program
Higher education is not just for academics. UNSW has an ambitious strategy and we want you be part of our global University.
Australia has one of the best higher education systems in the world. In 2014, university education added an estimated $140 billion dollars to the Australian economy by educating 1.3 million students and employing 120,000 staff.
A career in higher education can be varied and give you opportunities across the globe.
UNSW is a leader in higher education in Australia and the Asia–Pacific, and are ranked in the world’s top 100 universities. UNSW has over 50,000 students and undertakes world leading research through its nine faculties. Our 2025 strategy aspires to improve and transform lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
UNSW Canberra is unique in Australia, as it is based at a leading military academy. Its undergraduate programs are tailored to the Australian Defence Force and civilian engineering students, while postgraduate and doctoral students undertake research programs across; arts, business, engineering, IT and science; these programs are open to civilian students.
The one-year Graduate Program will include up to four diverse rotations which will provide you with a broad knowledge of the tertiary sector, and UNSW Canberra.
Should you be successful in securing a securing a position in this highly sort after program, you will be placed on a 12 month fixed term contract. On completion of the program, high performing graduates will be placed in permanent positions.
UNSW Canberra graduate program will provide you with the best possible opportunity to be immersed in the University sector and lay the grounds for a future in the Higher Education sector.
As part of the Graduate Program, UNSW Canberra will offer you:
- A starting salary of $65,506 p.a plus 9.5% Superannuation (UNSW Level 4)
- The potential to secure a permanent appointment at UNSW Canberra at the end of the 12 month Graduate Program.
- Rapid salary progression to UNSW Level 5, step 1 for those participants who complete the program with outstanding feedback from their placements and are offered a permanent position.
- A 35 hour working week with access to flex-time and other generous leave provisions;
- Free access to the Gym;
- Free parking;
- Networking and social opportunities, including invitations to corporate sponsored events at UNSW Canberra oval;
- Up to four rotations across UNSW Canberra’s schools, centres and units;
- A suite of professional development opportunities in the one-year program: including:
- Graduate induction to UNSW Canberra and the Sector;
- Welcome Networking Event with UNSW Canberra managers
- Membership to the Association for Tertiary Education Management (ATEM);
- Attendance at Tertiary Education Management (TEM) Conference;
- UNSW - Resilience at Work (with Kensington site visit)
- UNSW Canberra - Addressing Complex Problems
- UNSW Canberra - Introduction to Project Management
- On completion of the Program graduates will be encouraged to engage in further professional development, including postgraduate study.
To be eligible you must have successfully completed a Bachelor degree or higher with at least a Credit average (65 or higher) within two years prior to March 2018.
Graduates from all disciplines are invited to apply.
This program is only open to Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Mr Luke Garner
T: (61 2) 6268 8499
Applications close: 22 April 2018