Academic Director, Sydney Institute of Business and Technology
Full time, Permanent, Sydney CBD
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since this time Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers its students and clients and is now creating opportunities through lifelong learning for over 83,000 people in 31 countries per year.
SIBT is part of the Navitas group and is a TEQSA accredited Higher Education Provider. We are a pathway college and offer a personalized academic environment designed to enable domestic and international students to gain entry to university. Over 90% of our graduates successfully progress into further tertiary studies, and since 1997 we have graduated over 25,000 students.
Our key partner is Western Sydney University, and most of our students are on Foundation and Diploma pathway programs into WSU. Navitas has also partnered with the University to deliver full under - and post graduate programs in the city centre. SIBT and the Western Sydney University Sydney City Campus are co-located in a purpose-built Navitas learning environment on Elizabeth Street in the centre of Sydney.
About the role
The Academic Director is a key role at SIBT, leading our academic team to design, develop and deliver Foundation and Diploma programs. The role collaborates with colleagues across the campus, the University and the broader Navitas shared services to constantly improve the student experience and academic outcomes, and to build a motivated and engaged team. The Academic Director also plays a key role on the SIBT Academic Board and in our campus Senior Management Team.
The Academic Director reports to the SIBT Campus Director and Principal, who is also the General Manager for Western Sydney University Partnerships.
Desired Experience, Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellence in academic leadership and management across a broad range of functions within a regulated environment
- Demonstrated commitment to the student experience, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation and evidence-based approaches
- Substantial experience in teaching and learning, including the management, evaluation and continuous improvement of learning and teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated success leading and managing people, and building strong, sustainable teams
- Experience and interest in work-integrated learning
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire students and staff
- Proven success in working collaboratively across networks and leading by influence
- Demonstrated financial acumen, particularly experience of managing resources within a budget
- Masters qualification in a relevant discipline
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be sent to Stefanie Leich, HR Business Partner at Stefanie.Leich@navitas.com. Applications close on COB 13th April 2018.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.