Research Officer in Psychology
School of Psychiatry / Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally. It is located at the UNSW teaching hospitals at various metropolitan sites in the Sydney region and in rural New South Wales.
About the role
- $83,653 - $89,238 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months from date of appointment.
- Position is available Part-time 0.8 FTE (28 hrs per week) or full time 1.0 FTE (35 hrs per week)
The primary purpose of this role will be responsible for high-level writing of project materials, reports and publications across various research projects and teams led by the Co-Director of CHeBA. Other key activities include conducting literature reviews, and data collection and analysis. The Research Officer will be required to work across a number of projects at one time, supporting the Co-Director with activities specific to each project that he leads.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in Psychology and 12 months experience including an interest in research in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Demonstrated interest/experience in and knowledge of the research and clinical aspects of dementia;
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail and proven data management ability, and proficiency in using statistical packages;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria found in the position description in their application.
Ms Angie Russell, Centre Manager, CHeBA
T: (02) 9382 3816
Applications close: 25 March 2018