Professor in Social Work/Head of Course
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration $210,914 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $178,751 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New School:
CQUniversity Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Professor in Social Work / Head of Course in the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences. CQUniversity's health programs have been developed to meet the ever increasing needs of our communities both here in Australia and for the wider global audience. A key feature in the majority of CQUniversity's health programs and courses is workplace-integrated learning.
Your New Role:
You will exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the relevant discipline within the School and University, and within the community, both scholarly and general. You will promote and contribute to the successful attainment of the stated mission and objectives of the School and University.
As the Head of Course, you will also provide a high level of academic leadership to the discipline, School and University through initiating, implementing and participating in activities such as internal and/or external teaching, research and development activities and educational development. You will critically evaluate the operation of the teaching program and communicate such evaluations to the Dean as applicable.
You Will Be:
As an Academic, you will be engaged by:
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Building strong professional networks and developing and maintaining working relationships with others that requires interaction and mutual support.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for this position, please provide evidence of the following qualifications and experience:
- Doctoral qualifications (PhD) and recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area. A position at this level will normally require accreditation and standing (usually evidenced by an extensive research publication record). (Essential)
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers or eligible to become a member (AASW). (Essential)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32392
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 8 April 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to the Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.” CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply