Assistant Professor in Modern Literary Criticism
College of Arts and Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses ten departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication , Psychology , Policy, Planning & Development , Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health , Biomedical Sciences and Human Nutrition. The College also houses four Master Programs which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS will launch a new master program in Material Sciences and a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses in the area of expertise
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph. D. in the Relevant disciplinary area(With at least three years in the rank of Assistant Professor in Modern Literary Criticism
- Strong peer reviewed publication record
- Teaching experience at tertiary level
- Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Academic transcripts and a writing sample of an administrative document that recommends a change or support of a new curriculum.
- Prepare a descriptive letter that introduces and explains your research activities and teaching methods.
- Attach copies of your approved Master and Doctorate academic certificates, and email the package to Dr. Ali AlKubaisi, Head of the Arabic Department, at email@example.com
- A three-year renewable contract.
- competitive tax-free salary.
- furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- annual round trip air tickets for the individual and immediate dependents
- educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- and end-of-contract indemnity.
- Qatar University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a year-round position and will exist for the duration of at least three years. This position is available immediately, but the start date is negotiable.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted via Qatar University’s online application process at http://recruit.qu.edu.qa/pls/recruitment/rec .
Please complete all sections of the application and submit the following supporting documents in order to be considered for an interview:
- A letter of application in which interest in and qualifications for the position are concisely addressed and relevant experiences summarized.
- A current professional vita/resume.
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.