Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, International Coordinator
- New and exciting opportunity for a passionate academic to deliver high quality teaching to students in joint Biotechnology-Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Majors
- 5 year fixed term teaching intensive appointment
- Salary range: Level B $97,310 - $115,350 p.a. or Level C $118,957 - $137,000 p.a. plus employer contribution to superannuation of 17%
Faculty of Science
School of Molecular Sciences
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The School of Molecular Sciences (SMS) provides an excellent environment for generating translatable, practical solutions to key global problems in agriculture, environmental science, biology, medicine and health, and engineering. Spanning the fields of chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular genetics, nanotechnology and systems biology, our internationally-recognised experts publish in the best journals, hold patents, spin out companies and collaborate with industry, hospitals and community stakeholders.
A key component of the School’s Internalisation program includes participation in Westa College, a Chinese Ministry of Education approved tripartite program involving UWA, Southwest University (SWU), Chongqing, China, and The University of Tasmania. As part of this program, students complete their first two years in the Biotechnology Major at SWU and then come to UWA for the final two years of the UWA Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Major. Staff in SMS contribute to the teaching in eight units at Westa College.
About the opportunity
In this new and exciting appointment, you will play a key role in the School’s engagement with Westa College by teaching approximately 12 weeks per year in Chongqing, as well as act as a point of contact for Westa College students on-shore at UWA, and coordinating and delivering lectures, laboratories and tutorial at UWA.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and/or Molecular Genetics or allied discipline
- Experience in the delivery of high quality teaching, supported by a teaching portfolio
- Track record of capability in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and/or Molecular Genetics research
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
In addition to your experience in the delivery of high quality teaching, you will also have clear and well-articulated English abilities and good interpersonal skills. This position will require the successful applicant to travel to China for approximately 12 weeks per year as part of the teaching responsibility of the role. Previous experience working in an international environment will be highly regarded.
Closing date: Tuesday, 10 April 2018.
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. In preparing your application you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria. You are encouraged to supply a curriculum vitae or academic portfolio, and a teaching portfolio in support of your application.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.