Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Systems
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management at the UNSW Business School comprises over 20 FT academics who are actively engaged in teaching and research. Our research is positioned at the forefront of the discipline and has well developed local and international linkages.
About the role
- Lecturer $103,047 - $121,478 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Senior Lecturer $125,160 - $143,593 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- 5 Years Fixed Term, Full Time
Applications are invited for the appointment of a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer (Level B/C academic) with an outstanding record of research and scholarship, and demonstrated leadership and research expertise in Information Systems.
While this position indicates a 5 year appointment, it may convert to a continous role.
A Level B academic is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the institution and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a department, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD degree in Information Systems or a closely-related business field;
- Experience of teaching technology (programming, database, security, networking) or business analytics courses would be a distinct advantage;
- Expected or demonstrated excellence in publishing in leading Information Systems conferences (e.g. ECIS, ICIS, AMCIS, PACIS) and journals (e.g. AIS Basket of 8 and/or Australian Business Deans Council A/A* under FOR code 0806);
- Expected or demonstrated ability for lecturing, teaching innovation and curriculum development in Information Systems at both undergraduate and/or postgraduate level is essential;
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Shan L Pan, Acting Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 0475
Applications close: 11.59 pm 3rd April 2018