Training and Events Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
- Join us at an exciting time of developing a new strategy and building a new team
- A real opportunity to make a difference for diversity and inclusion
- Flexible hours
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
About the role
The Division of Inclusion and Diversity is a newly formed Division established to promote a culture that encourages and supports understanding and engagement with equity, diversity and inclusion across UNSW Sydney to support the UNSW Strategy 2025 priorities for a Just Society. Its key mission is to embed Equity, Diversity and Inclusion across the UNSW community at all its campuses to enable delivery of the UNSW KPIs for staff and student equity.
Reporting to the Project manager, the Training and Events Coordinator will deliver operational support to the Division through the coordination and promotion of equity, diversity and inclusion training sessions, workshops and events to its stakeholders.
The role will contribute to the development of a Division events strategy including success measures, to meet the Divisions strategic objectives, including First Responder training, Ally training, and other training programs as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, events management (or similar) discipline and/or experience (2 years) and demonstrated success in the planning and presentation of events
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated capacity to form, build and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels both within and external to the University
- Demonstrated experience in a role that demands self-motivation and service-orientation
- Well developed IT skills, MS Office, internet, database and event focused applications.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: (61 2) 9385 8911
Applications close: 25th March 2018