Executive Assistant to the Head of School
School of Information Technologies
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
- Be valued for your knowledge and experience in business administration
- Opportunity to provide full suite of professional executive support services to the Head of School
- Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $84K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
Established as the first computer science department in Australia, the School of Information Technologies is research intensive and has a strong tradition of research-led teaching. The School offers undergraduate majors in computer science, information systems, data science and software development, and combined degree programs with commerce, arts, science, medical science and law. SIT also offers postgraduate coursework degrees in Information Technology and Information Technology Management, Data Science and the Master of Health Technology Innovation. The MHTI is a multi-disciplinary degree program that is co-taught across Faculties. The School has a vibrant and successful PhD program with a hundred students enrolled in research degrees. SIT is one of the five schools in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies, which has a strong position within Australia and worldwide.
This role delivers professional executive support services to the Head of School. It will, under the direction of the School Manager, also be responsible for coordinating meetings and workflow for the Head of School advisory committees, and provide support for functions and other School events.
In this position, you will:
- Provide broad, high level professional executive support to the Head of School and effectively manages the general day to day office operations and administration activity.
- Build and manage effective working rapport with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- Provide administrative support for Head of School advisory committees
- Manage the general day to day operations and administration activity for the Head of School
- Ensure quality application of, and compliance with, University administration policies and procedures.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Head of School who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant administrative and office experience
- Proficient time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively. Manage multiple tasks meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes with keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated self-starting approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to engage in independent consultation with a wide range of staff in a large complex organisation and, as appropriate, with external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders whilst ensuring a strong client focused outlook.
- Advanced computer skills in the MS Office suite with extensive diary management experience.
- Analytic skills and the ability to bring multiple perspectives to problem solving.
- Experience in creating and maintaining effective administrative systems.
- Administrative experience in a tertiary organisation.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 260/0218 to apply.
Closing date: 11.30 pm 26 March 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.