Digital Business Development Officer
Centre for English Teaching
Deputy Vice Chancellor Education
- Fantastic opportunity to promote The University of Sydney Centre for English Teaching’s product portfolios
- Located at Darlington/Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term 12 month opportunity with a 97K remuneration package, which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Digital Business Development Officer is responsible for implementing actions, under the direction of the Business Development Manager, to promote the University of Sydney Centre for English Teaching’s product portfolios through online distribution channels. The Digital Business Development Officer is responsible for providing marketing support and acting as a contact point for online inquiries from prospective onshore and offshore students.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the design and delivery of online promotion in the field of international education.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Digital Business Development Officer who possesses:
- a degree with subsequent relevant experience, specialist expertise or broad knowledge in the field of digital marketing; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- familiarity with direct & digital marketing, including social media and social selling in an ELICOS or Higher Education environment
- hands-on, attention to details, and rigorous attitude to control campaigns and leads
- familiarity with analytics, design and testing methodologies
- the ability to undertake various projects simultaneously within a dynamic educational environment, work independently and contribute positively to a team environment
The Centre for English Teaching (CET) works in close cooperation with the University of Sydney’s recruiting, admissions and Sydney Abroad portfolios, faculties and other industry stakeholders to offer a range of English language programs that enable students to successfully attain the standard of English required for undergraduate and postgraduate study and professional endeavour.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing Date: 11.30 pm Sunday 8th April 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.