Postdoctoral Position at the Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions
The Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions for health care, maritime, and oil & gas (CIUS) seek an outstanding and creative postdoctoral candidate. CIUS is a Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI) appointed by the Norwegian Research Council where industry, healthcare providers, independent research organizations and academia collaborate to develop next generation ultrasound solutions.
The CIUS web page: http://www.ntnu.edu/cius
The project entails a close collaboration between the successful candidate and the CIUS industrial and clinical partners. The main industrial partner for this project is GE Vingmed Ultrasound, one of the market leaders for cardiac ultrasound scanners. The activity will involve a close collaboration with the local clinical team, i.e. interventional cardiology at St. Olavs university hospital, which will evaluate developed tools. Furthermore, collaborations with the Operating room of the future and the Norwegian center for Minimally invasive Image guided Therapy and medical technologies (NorMIT) will be established to acquire multi-modal images.
The successful candidate is expected to start their position in August/September 2018.
The general aim is to identify and characterize the dynamics of cardiac structures. The main aim of the project is the development of registration tools to fuse preoperative CT data with ultrasound volumes and analysis tools to be used during cardiological interventions (i.e. automated cardiac motion quantification). The project will include design and development of advanced algorithms such as image registration, optical flow and image segmentation in 2D, 3D and 3D+t. Focus will be on both method development and implementation. The principal scenario of the developed methods will be interventional cardiology.
Requirements of the applicants:
- A PhD within either biomedical engineering or computer science. We welcome applications from candidates who have submitted their thesis for evaluation.
- Have proven experience in scientific programming (e.g. using Matlab, Python, C/C++ or other relevant programming languages).
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Documented experience through scientific publications and prior knowledge and experience with medial image processing.
- Strong emphasis on the academic quality of the applicant and his/her ability to think creatively and critically.
- The candidate’s motivation for the position.
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate interdisciplinary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Norwegian language, both written and spoken would be an advantage.
- An excellent research environment in one of Europe’s most modern research facilities.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences wants to attract outstanding and creative candidates who can contribute to our ongoing research activities. A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. For this particular position, we encourage women to apply.
More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway, and working at NTNU: http://www.ntnu.edu/nirs
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Post-Doc (in code 1352) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 - 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to apply via the website jobbnorge.no. The application should contain the following attachments:
- A cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position (single page, no formatting requirements).
- CV (Relevant work experience, technical expertise, list of publications, if any).
- Certificates and diplomas (see “Requirements” above)
- Short statement from a former supervisor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
- Any other document you consider relevant.
Chosen applicants will be invited to an interview.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Candidates from non-English speaking countries outside the Nordic countries must provide official documentation of their English competence. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). The following results are required: TOEFL: 600 / writing 4.5 (paper-based test), 92 / writing 22 (internet- based test) IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted) CAE/CPE: grade B or A.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline for applications: 22.05.2018
For further information about the position, please contact:
Researcher Gabriel Kiss, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +47 91 89 79 45.
Principal Engineer at GE Vingmed Ultrasound, Olivier Gerard, email: Olivier.Gerard@ge.com
For enquires regarding the application procedures, please contact:
HR Consultant Sissel Sollien, email: email@example.com, phone: +47 480 51 191.
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
Please note that applications will be assessed based on the information submitted at this page. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline
About this job
- Deadline Thursday, May 22, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 149252
- Internal ID 2018/4875
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!