Project Manager - Quantum Sensor Innovation
2 days left
- Full Time
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM ENTERPRISE LIMITED
PROJECT MANAGER - QUANTUM SENSOR INNOVATION
This opportunity is for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with an anticipated start date of: 2nd April 2018
The University of Birmingham is leading the UK National Quantum Technology Hub in Sensors and Metrology (www.quantumsensors.org), an internationally-leading centre of excellence with 11 university and over 100 industry partners including the National Physical Laboratory. The aim of the hub is to transform quantum science into quantum technology by: i) developing new technologies and products; ii) demonstrating their applications and advantages; and iii) engaging strongly with potential end-users. The overarching ambition is to deliver a wide range of quantum sensors that underpin many new commercial applications.
To help us achieve this ambitious goal we are looking to recruit a Project Manager into University of Birmingham Enterprise, providing professional project management services into the QT Hub and linked innovation projects in partnership with industry. The purpose of the role is to work in a team with the Hub project manager and provide professional oversight of finances, contracts, purchases and project activities of the Birmingham specific activities of the Hub, towards achievement of the project objectives and deliverables. Reporting to the Quantum Hub Director, the Project Manager’s responsibilities will include: i) oversight of finances and purchases; ii) progress monitoring and reporting; iii) establishment of the project management procedures;
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leading local project management of Hub and linked Innovation projects, implementing efficient project management processes providing oversight of financial, hr and contractual data.
- Providing Hub and Innovation project monitoring data to the Hub Director, including milestone tracking and financial data. This information needs to be available immediately on demand.
- Facilitate timely completion of contracts and agreements between project partners.
- Plan, organise, and maintain a regular schedule of project review meetings ensuring all relevant parties maintain an adequate level of attendance
- Proactively identify research and commercial opportunities which emerge from the project and are aligned with the ambitions of the University
Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree level in a subject relevant to Engineering & Physical Sciences (preferably a further degree).
- Preferably with formal project management qualifications such as APMP, Prince 2 or MSP
- Highly developed knowledge of Technology Management and Technology Exploitation principles, practice and theory
Qualifications and Experience:
- Considerable project management experience particularly having evidence of successful delivery of projects
- Experience of technology transfer particularly involving development and transitioning of technology from low/mid to high technology readiness levels
- Extensive experience of running projects with significant numbers of staff, having a range of skills and also being based at a number of locations
- Excellent team-working and communication skills being able to keep the team fully appraised of key issues, and also comfortable in briefing and influencing senior management
- Significant experience of setting up and managing project record systems so that they meet the needs of the team, the customer, and any audit requirements
- Experience of successful delivery of the financial aspects of multi-million pound, multi-year projects
- Competent IT user – Microsoft packages, email, internet, and project management tools
For further information please contact Professor Kai Bongs, email@example.com or telephone 0121 414 8289
Closing date: 23 March 2018 Reference: 58946