Student Engagement Coordinator
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
This is an exciting time to join the Macquarie University International College (MUIC) and the English Language Centre (ELC). MUIC provides local and international students with an alternative pathway to the University’s undergraduate degree offerings. At MUIC, students can complete a Foundation or Intensive program to enter the first year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree, or a Diploma program to then enter the second year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree. The ELC prepares international students for university study through the delivery of English language and academic literacy programs. At the ELC, students can study a Direct Entry preparation program, Academic English, General English or a Study Tour program as a stand-alone offering, or as preparation for university study.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Student Engagement Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of an integrated student engagement program in collaboration with the relevant central campus teams, faculties and other offices. Reporting to the Student Services Manager, you will:
- Build effective relationships and liaise with the central student support and service delivery areas to maximize the student experience, including social and community activities;
- Proactively work with central areas to identify opportunities for MUIC-ELC students to develop their skills and experience;
- Coordinate the student communications strategy in partnership with Group Marketing;
- Coordinate student events such as Orientation, Diploma Graduation, Certificate ceremonies, Student Recruitment events, Open Days, etc in close liaison with central teams.
You will have a strong sense of customer service, sound assessment knowledge and experience, strong problem solving and relationship management skills, which will enable you to make a positive contribution to an exceptional student experience.
To be considered for this position please apply online with your CV, and cover letter (up to 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skill and experience in understanding and engaging with student issues and needs, including international students, young students (under 18 years) to mature age;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the planning, coordination and delivery of student engagement activities and/or student communications;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in relationship building and management including internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex data management and student administration systems for the purpose of student engagement and communications;
- Demonstrated written and oral communications experience including presentations and producing collateral for various audiences, including online content.
For full details of the position, please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $81,434 - $89,889 p.a. (HEW Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term for 2 years.
Enquiries: Hayden Barter, Student Services Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 18 March at 11:00 pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications must be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.